Tuesday 22 March 2011

Stitching

I love all the kitsch surrounding the royal wedding, so how could I resist crafting something with a royal wedding theme??

I'm stitching a small cross stitch sampler:


Red, white and blue just wasn't working for me as a colour scheme so I went for pink/purple, white and turquoise instead. Plus gold for the crown and the rings, of course!

It's almost finished - I'll write up the pattern neatly on a chart later this week and post it so you can make your own if you want one :)

7 comments:

Tumus said...

lol that's cute, thought you weren't getting sucked in, hehehe

Ruby Reloved said...

Oh my word. Love it!

Unknown said...

i love it! i admire it!! i have never tried this kind of 'sewing'
its sooo beautiful!

Bess said...

That is so cool, might have to make one when you get the pattern up! I never thought I would be as into the royal wedding as I am, lol.

Rosanna said...

This is lovely and so cute! i love your blog!
x

Bugs and Fishes said...

Tumus - yup, I was totally nonplussed when it was first announced but then all the memorabillia! so much sweet delicious kitsch! Have you seen you can even buy a book to knit the royal wedding?? so nutty, but so good.

Thanks guys, I don't do much cross stitch so it was fun designing this pattern! If you've not tried it you definitely should, it's very easy and very relaxing :)

Groovy Pumpkin said...

Love it!! It's really sweet!! :D