Sunday 13 March 2011

Cherry Blossoms for Japan

My thoughts have been with the people of Japan this weekend.

I've decided to donate 50% of sales of my cherry blossom brooches and hairbands this week (13th-19th March) to the Japan Tsunami Appeal.


The cherry blossoms are available from my website, my Etsy shop, my Folksy shop and my DaWanda shop.


For each £10 item I will donate £5, for each £5 sale item I will donate £2.50. For the sake of simplicity I'll also be donating these amounts in £s for cherry blossom items sold via my DaWanda shop where prices are in Euros. (Update: the £5 sale items have now sold out but there are still lots of brooches & hairbands left in stock, and I will make more if they sell out).

I'll post my donation receipt on the blog next week.

13 comments:

Fiona said...

What a lovely idea. I'm off there now.

Katie said...

These are so beautiful, I'm so happy that they're going to help someone in need.

The Pea Pod said...

That's a very generous and wonderful thing to do x

somewhere on the avenue said...

Well done you, and they are lovely x

Fiona said...

I blogged about you so hopefully you'll get some more sales.

MySpecialAgent said...

It's my brithday this week so I should buy myself something for a good cause.

Jenny said...

These are beautiful. It's really inspiring to see an artist using their work for good. Thanks for sharing!

Lyndsey said...

Beautiful, just bought last brooch. Will wear to show support for Japan at this time. Thank you

Catalina said...

Came across your blog while looking something up. Very lovely. Will be stopping by often! :)

fee @ chipper nelly said...

going to re-blog too - great idea.
fee x

Jennybelle said...

Thank you for doing this! I am hoping to send mine to a friend in Japan...I think it will help her to know so many people are thinking of them.

NOfkantsCurios said...

Such a wonderful and generous gesture. My heart really goes out to the poor people in Japan and their ongoing continuous plight, that just seems to get worse and worse every hour. I feel they are going to need our support for many months to come, to help rebuild some semblence of normality.

Natalie x

Anonymous said...

Thank you really. A lot of hope is given to us.