Wednesday 21 July 2010

Sale Shopping

I saw via Twitter this week that the lovely Lucie Summers of Summersville is having a sale over in her Etsy shop and I couldn't resist snapping up a couple of sale bargains.

I bought a pair of screenprinted felt coasters which are destined to be a present for a friend (who hopefully won't read my blog this week!) ...


... and a fabric-covered notebook for myself. Oh and a few pieces of fabric may have found their way into my shopping cart before I checked out (you can never have enough fabric, right?).


Lu's having a big clearout of all her current stock of fabric-covered journals to make room for a new design involving screenprinted felt - I can't wait to see them and what else she uses the patterned felt for.

She also very sweetly sent me some of the felty offcuts to experiment with:


I'm a huge fan of her patterns and you all know how much I love felt, so I'm sure you can imagine how chuffed I was to see these in my parcel when the postie delivered it this morning! Ah the joy of having crafty friends! Now, what shall I make with them I wonder...?

4 comments:

Tumus said...

I think you should make a tea cozy for your tea cup :) seems like that pattern would look nice up against a plain white or black cup.

amieggs said...

wow I love the fabrics!!!

Tiffany said...

aww... now I want some (but I cant because I'm moving).

Beautiful colour choices!

Anonymous said...

Lovely fabrics, she has lovely handwriting, lovely writing always makes me wish I didn't have such horrible scrawl!