Thursday 7 May 2009

Tiny Flowers

I finished restocking my moustache disguises this week...... lots of fun to wear, but a bit boring to sew (black and brown are not the most exciting colours).

So after I finished them I quite deliberately picked a sweet, pretty, cheerful project to brighten up my workbox... forget-me-nots:
Those will become brooches like this one, and maybe a hairband or two? (what do you think?)

All those flowers were cut out by hand with a small pair of scissors (no punches or mechanized cutters). It takes a while but it's a lovely relaxing task and only becomes a problem when you're clumsy like me and knock them all onto the floor (oops). I love adding all the stitched details too and am looking forward to finishing these this afternoon...

9 comments:

treaclezoo said...

so delicate & pretty.

Tumus said...

LOL I've knocked many a small pieces on to the floor of my craft space. I love adding stitched detail to all my pieces!

bex said...

its always the finishing touches which i like the best too...picking the right buttons or picking out the right colour embroidery thread. the brooches look fantastic
x

Shauneil said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I also like to use plain old scissors for cutting out small shapes. Sometimes it's a bit of a mountain to climb, but so satisfying in the end.

I prefer to really get a feel for what I'm creating.

Janina Modaal said...

This looks so cute!
Very beatiful!

S said...

I think cutting things by hand and handsewing them makes them so much more special and bespoke. The forget me not brooches are really pretty. Would look lovely on a tweed jacket :-)

EmerJa said...

I've just discovered yoru blog. I love it!!
I invite you to have a look at my blog. It's in Spanish, but sometimes a image says more than words.

Rebekah said...

Adorable, Lupin! You have such a knack for packing the cute into a tiny package.