Sunday 13 July 2008

Teeny Piles of Felt (C365, day 309)

Today we are cleaning the house. My life is very glamorous.

So, quickly, here's yesterday's crafty snap:... as you may guess, I've been cutting out pieces to make cherry blossoms. I didn't have much time to be crafty yesterday, but a little bit of prep work never hurt: it's great to have lots of pieces all cut out and ready to sew.

In other news, I hit 1000 items sold over in my Etsy shop yesterday! Very exciting stuff. Huge thanks to everyone who's bought stuff from me to make that number happen & to everyone who has sent messages of congratulations. I know it's only a number, but I feel very loved nevertheless.

Still exciting, but very different: I'll soon have a little shop set up with my wares for sale in good old British pounds, hurrah! I'll add a proper sidebar link to it when it's looking more presentable (it's a bit empty at the moment) but you can take a peek here if you like. The host site - Folksy - just went live last week. They're in beta (the testing phase) at the moment, prior to a proper launch "later this summer", but it's already looking very user-friendly and generally very promising. I do love Etsy (and am increasingly smitten by the charms of Dawanda) but it's fab to have something UK-based that looks so good!

PS here's a better (much less blurry) picture of all those flowers in my hair (snapped by the lovely Esther - cheers love!) :

8 comments:

cutedesigns said...

Congrats on hitting 1000 sales on etsy, that's such an achievement. :)

And yeah it's nice to see folksy go live, lets' hope it's a success. :)

Anonymous said...

Do you cut all your pieces out by hand, with a scissors? If so, that's amazing! They look like you have some sort of die-cutting machine or something computerized.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Toni - yes, all my felt is cut out by hand :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, v. nice to see Folksy go live - and your shop looks great!

Jenny S said...

Congrats on 1000 sales :)
Those flowers look so amazing in your hair! xo

Anonymous said...

Folksy looks wonderful! I love buying stuff from the UK and I think you'll do WONDERFUL over there as well!

Huzzah ^_^

Tumus (over on Etsy)

ana mac said...

i meant to ask you.....do you cut all that by hand??? i need your scissors!!!! u_u ;)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Hi Ana, yes I do cut everything out by hand! I use a pair of embroidery scissors which have small, sharp blades that are perfect for cutting out small and detailed shapes :)