Friday 4 July 2008

Rainbow Circles (C365, 300)

Hurrah for hitting day 300 of my Crafting 365 project! It's so awesome to think I've spent 300 days crafting (and most of those blogging about it, too). I know I've fallen off the crafty wagon a couple of times & I've had a few enforced absences from this blogging lark (no internet, no camera, etc) but boy does it feel good to hit that big number.

My task for day 300? Sleepily cutting out lots of circles which are destined to be muddled up and sewn into one big circle-y necklace:
Another big number is in sight: I'm only 12 items away from 1000 items sold in my little Etsy store. I am genuinely planning a small party for when this occurs, and the buyer of my lucky 1000th item will be getting a whole parcel of presents in celebration. Big numbers always make me smile (Flickr stats and shop hearts and blog views and things like that really help me build up confidence in my work) but hitting 4 digits? That will be pretty special.

(Someone hurry up and buy 12 things already! Haha)

In other news: I have finally started taking proper product shots of all the new items I've been building up over the past few weeks... Expect lots of shop updates over the weekend. I may go a bit goggle-eyed staring at the computer screen for so long, but I am itching to get those babies listed... Here's another shot of things to come - lots of yummy fat pincushions:
Oh, and check out the awesome sewing scissors my mother-in-law bought for me in Paris: scissors in the shape of a bird! Fantastic stuff:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on hitting 300!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I have almost identical scissors to those! They were my great great grandmother's, and my great aunt gave them to me recently because she noticed I like crafty things and figured I'd appreciate them more than anyone else in the family.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/bini_/IMG_5761.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/bini_/IMG_5763.jpg

Anonymous said...

Wow... in my house we not only found these scissors, but we have since found 4 more pairs... and we have NO IDEA where they came from!!