Monday 23 January 2017

A Year of Wreaths: January Rainbow Wreath Tutorial

UPDATE: my January Rainbow Wreath Tutorial is now available as a printable PDF pattern over on my Patreon.

Subscribe to get instant access to a growing library of PDF embroidery patterns and craft tutorials, and updates when I add something new!

Click here to see all 12 seasonal wreaths in this series! 

-----

I've started a fun new project this month: A Year of Wreaths!

Every month this year I'll be sharing a tutorial for making a seasonal wreath over on The Village Haberdashery's blog, The Daily Stitch.

All the items you'll need to make the wreaths can be bought from The Village Haberdashery, and they'll be selling kits to accompany each month's design and make your wreath-making even easier.

First up: a bright and cheerful rainbow wreath to help banish the winter blues!

https://thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/blog/2017/a-year-of-wreaths-january-rainbow-wreath-by-laura-howard

I adore rainbow things, don't you? All those bright colours together never fail to make me smile.

I've added some sparkle to this wreath too, using some fabulous metallic-effect thread. If you've ever tried stitching with metallic embroidery thread (floss) you'll know it can be a real pain to work with, but this sparkly sewing thread from Gutermann is a total joy. I'm delighted to have discovered it and I kind of want to use it to sew everything now!

https://thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/blog/2017/a-year-of-wreaths-january-rainbow-wreath-by-laura-howard


https://thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/blog/2017/a-year-of-wreaths-january-rainbow-wreath-by-laura-howard


 

Subscribe to my newsletter for a monthly free pattern and visit my crafty tutorial archive for lots more free projects.

5 comments:

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

How colourful, just what dull January needs.

Katrin said...

That's beautiful, thank you :-)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Linda - Right?? I was originally thinking of something wintery, but decided that a pop of bright colour was definitely the way to go :)

Katrin - Glad you like it! xx

bairozan said...

I love the idea of wreaths as a year-round project and the happy rainbow colors for January! I am looking forward to the rest of them :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

bairozan - thank you :) I'm working hard to come up with something different for each month, it's an interesting challenge! Looking forward to sharing what I come up with!