Thursday 8 May 2014

Finishing Things, Starting Things

I finally managed to fit a Making Day into my schedule, hurrah! After a quick bit of emailing etc on Monday  morning, I spent the rest of the day working on some sewing projects - sketching, planning, cutting out pieces, sewing, and generally enjoying having time to work on my own projects after weeks of being quite deadline-focused.

I finally finished these sparkly owls that have (I am ashamed to admit) been in my WIP box for over a year!


You can find instructions for making your own felt owl ornaments here.

I've also started stitching a couple of new things which I can't show you just yet - something pink and purple and summer-y that I'll (hopefully) be sharing soon and something Halloween-themed in white, orange and yellow (can you guess what that might be?).


It does feel a bit weird working on a Halloween project in May- especially when I have lots of summer-themed things on my To Do list - but that's the project I felt like making, and you've gotta go with the creative flow sometimes, right? :)

3 comments:

bairozan said...

The felt owl is my favorite project of yours! The summery project sounds exciting and, yes, you have to hold inspiration tight whenever it comes your way :)

My Vegan Life said...

Oh my goodness!Those are so incredibly cute!!!;)I love them!

Bugs and Fishes said...

bairozan - I'm a big fan of the owls, too :)

Carly - thanks! x