Sunday 15 September 2013

Finishing One Project, Starting Another

Yesterday I (finally!!!) finished my sky blanket - wove in the very final ends, and stitched on the button I'd chosen to mark where the year begins. I also finished sewing together the "using up lots of bits of leftover yarn from my stash" blanket and wove in all the remaining ends on that.

Here they are (with the leftover-sky-blanket-yarn blanket that I finished last month and still haven't thought of a good name for yet!), sitting on top of a big box o' knitting:


If there is a global blanket shortage at any point in the future, I am going to be okay :)

All I need now is a bit of sunshine so I can take photos of them to show you guys!!

Yesterday I also made a start on a new knitting project. I bought the yarn for this ages ago (late last year I think?) but didn't want to start it until I'd cleared some other projects off my To Make list. Here's the back of last night's efforts...


I made a bit of a mess of my first attempt at this pattern last night, so today is going to involve lots of time Google-ing knitting tutorials so I can work out where I went wrong. To be honest I probably should have looked up some tutorials before starting the pattern, but I was just so excited to get stuck in and start knitting! Tsk tsk.

2 comments:

Katie said...

You can never have too many blankets! Can't wait to see the photos when you can get them up :-)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks Katie! You are totally right, there is no such thing as too many blankets :)