Thursday 25 April 2013

Super-Cute Felt Animals... coming soon (ish!)

Crikey, this has been a busy week! How is it Thursday evening already? How??

I've been working on a whole bunch of new projects (always fun) and slowly getting caught up with a gazillion and one little jobs that have stacked up while I've been unwell this spring - mostly boring stuff like admin and tidying up my studio, but it feels great to be finally getting it all ticked off my giant to do list.

And - rather excitingly - I've been looking through the layouts for my new book, Super-Cute Felt Animals, double-checking all the text and other details, generally making sure everything is how it should be.

I finished designing & making all the projects and writing all the text a few months ago, sent everything off to my publisher, and now magically (well, thanks to the hard work of the awesome team of people working on it) it's turning into a real book! Eep!

It is seriously thrilling that some stuff from inside my head has turned into this thing which will be in bookshops and on peoples shelves and (hopefully) inspiring lots of people to make lots of fun felt-y things.

It has been so awesome seeing photos of the things people have been making from my first book, Super-Cute Felt, and reading all the kind reviews (thanks to everyone who has written one on Amazon or elsewhere! it is much appreciated xx)... It's wonderful to be going through this process for a second time and I have my fingers tightly crossed that you guys will love the new book as much as I do!

The new book is due to be published this autumn, so it'll be a while before I can tell you any more about it... but I can show you the draft cover (which you may have spotted on Amazon already), which gives you a little peek at some of the projects:


Super-Cute Felt Animals will be published this September by CICO Books and is available for pre-order on Amazon UK and Amazon USA. For media / blogger enquiries, please contact publicity@cicobooks.co.uk

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cover is super cute! It's adorable, and is bound to sell well. I love those animals, especially the lion and hedgehog. It must have all taken you forever, but it's very exciting. W

Amanda Pedro said...

awesome! Congrats on seeing the work come to fruition! Can't wait to see it.

Despina said...

Congrats on your new book! I can't wait to get it!

Anonymous said...

Super Cute cover! Love it

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award over on my blog: thedustyatticblog.blogspot.co.uk
Anna x

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

I have your Super Cute Felt book on loan from the Library. I am looking forward to seeing Super cute Animals soon. Take care now. Marion x

Tatkis said...

Wow, your new book looks wonderful! Hope to see it soon in the shops!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I am sooooo looking forward to this coming out so I can share more about the projects I've made for it :)