Monday 20 September 2010

A Cosy Scarf

Brr, it's getting chilly! Time to dig out all my scarves and other knitted things... including this super-soft and super-chunky scarf I knitted in the summer.


The yarn was so thick I kept having to unravel it and start again with fewer stitches as the resulting scarf was just so huge - the finished scarf is a mere 10 stitches across!

I just need to find a darning needle with an eye big enough for that thick yarn and then it'll be perfect for keeping out the autumn chill.

6 comments:

frou-frou said...

Hello! Isn't it funny making really cosy wintery things in the summer! I've been working on a cosy crochet blanket all over the summer - but now its big enough to snuggle under while I'm still working on it!

Anyway, a top tip for you! If you can't find a darning needle that's big enough for your yarn - get a crochet hook and use it to hook the yarn ends through the looks on your knitting, just like you would with a needle!

Hope that helps, Fiona xx

chloe said...

ooh, that definitely does look snug!
i'd really like to try knitting myself a big warm scarf before it gets too cold out- just need to go get materials!

xx

we could go anywhere..

Janet said...

When I'm struggling to sew something up because of the thickness of the wool, I use a crochet hook instead of a needle. That, or a hairgrip, but that's more for emergencies!

Tanya said...

What a great scarf. Winter is my favourite time of year because I get to crochet lovely scarves.

Wendy said...

You don't need a darning needle, just use a crochet hook to weave in your ends.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks to everyone who suggested a crochet hook - definitely going to give that a try as I've not got a needle large enough! :)