Friday 5 June 2009

Summer Blooms

At this time of year my brain (rather predictably) becomes filled with ideas for flowery things.

I'm working on a couple of new designs but I've also been digging out unfinished floral things from my in-progress box and playing around with some old designs. I've amassed quite a few pieces over the last couple of weeks:After taking lots of pics of those this afternoon (more photos coming soon!) I took a few snaps of my neighbours' roses in the name of design "research" (helping me think about shapes and colours) but really just to try and capture how amazing some of the big fat blooms are before they vanish for another year:

8 comments:

Pair of Writers said...

WOW! Beautiful flowers and beautiful work! Don't you just love summer?

seaurchin said...

really beautiful! I love photos of collections of work....yours looks like a felt cottage garden! :)

bex said...

busy bee! i think if i listen hard enough i can hear the sounds of frantic stitching in cheltenham!
x

Tumus said...

oh that is lovely ^_^ If I ever have to move and I have a nice sunny spot I'll be planting LOTS of roses. LOVE them ^_^

Heather Leavers said...

fabulous

Dark Fairy said...

That makes me feel like summer. i love your handame flowers.

love n light

Chris

michele said...

There's another felt site you might want to take a look at. It's at http://feltorama.blogspot.com/2009/06/big-shot-express-felt-love.html I've sent felt-o-rama your cool site address too. Enjoy!

우리Ladies said...

Always enjoy reading your blog. Is just simple addicted :)