Saturday 17 November 2007

365 / 93 - The Ignoring of Plans

So yesterday I said "I am planning on making little penguin pins , finishing that little pile of tree stumps and also working on lots of oak leaves" and then yesterday evening I did none of these things! I didn't even start any of them! I faffed about most of the evening, tidying up a little, listening to the radio and leaving my dinner in the oven while I was busy nattering on Etsy (oops). I did get a little bit of sewing done though, clearly influenced by all the cake I have eaten this week (I am having a very sweet toothed phase at the moment) - cake slice brooches:
One is Victoria sponge and the other is coffee cake I think (or perhaps chocolate? any thoughts?). I'm quite pleased with them, but now I want to bake a sponge cake!

4 comments:

becca.elpy said...

I'd say chocolate. What does it mean to 'faff about'? I've never heard that here. (US)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Faffing is like dithering, when instead of getting on with something useful or serious you waste time doing lots of pointless things in an indecisive time-wasting kind of a way. I faff about rather a lot! :)

Kate said...

A sweet toothed phase for you is lovely for us! Sponge cake is delicious, and so pretty to look at.

letitiah said...

that's a chocolate cake for sure! possibly chocolate ice cream cake?