Friday 16 November 2007

365 / 92 - lots of new things

Right, so last night I was supposed to be working on restocking a few things, cutting out lots of pattern pieces etc. I settled down on the sofa with my supplies around me, put a David Attenborough video on (check out this awesome bird), and started work only to get totally distracted almost immediately...

I got two oak leaf pieces cut out and finished my little embroidered wood slice pins and was about to cut out lots more pattern pieces (honest guv'nor) when I thought "ooh, I'll give that embroidered badge idea a try" and spent the rest of the evening doing just that! First up I made a little "tea addict" pin:
Then I decided to save tea drinkers time by making little badges declaring one's tea-drinking prefences to the world (mine's black no sugar) - I'll be listing these as custom/personalised items and making them to order:
Finally I made a start on some of the little embroidered picture pins I started scheming back on day 57 while I was doodling little pictures at work. I'm planning a whole series of these, lots of kitchenalia as I'm loving all things kitchen, cooking and crockery -themed at the moment. To start off though, cutlery and teacups:
Here's the whole evening's work...
I did get a few more pattern pieces cut out, as you can see - making a few more tree stump pins. The tree stump showed up on the Etsy front page this morning as part of a quite delightful "faux bois" treasury. Thanks again to memake for the pdf! I did get a rubbish screenshot of my own this time:I am rather afraid I shall get distracted again this evening and not get any of my plans attended to, but I am planning on making little penguin pins , finishing that little pile of tree stumps and also working on lots of oak leaves. I sketched lots of oak leaves while I was away as I'm planning on making a couple more slightly smaller versions of the ones in my shop at the moment. Here are the sketches. I have my favourites but I want to try a few of them out...

1 comments:

love modish & retro said...

That's soooo me (Tea Addict & Black coffee lover)! :-)