Friday 26 May 2017

A Year of Wreaths: May Felt Foxgloves Wreath Tutorial

UPDATE: my May Foxgloves Wreath Tutorial is now available as a printable PDF pattern over on Patreon. 

Subscribe to get instant access to a growing library of PDF embroidery patterns and craft tutorials, and updates when I add something new!

 
Click here to see all 12 seasonal wreaths in this series!

-----

My tutorial series for The Village Haberdashery continues!

May's wreath features some fabulous felt foxgloves:

https://www.thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/blog/2017/a-year-of-wreaths-may-felt-foxgloves-wreath-by-laura-howard 


This month's project was an interesting design challenge - it was rather tricky translating the shapes of real foxgloves into something simple enough to a) fit on a wreath and b) not impossible to actually make! 

After a couple of false starts I was delighted when I finally cracked it* and I'm really pleased with how these flowers have turned out.

  https://www.thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/blog/2017/a-year-of-wreaths-may-felt-foxgloves-wreath-by-laura-howard


The foxgloves do take a little time and patience to put together, but the individual steps are not difficult and I think the result is well worth it. 

(Okay so I am a little biased about this but shhh).

https://www.thevillagehaberdashery.co.uk/blog/2017/a-year-of-wreaths-may-felt-foxgloves-wreath-by-laura-howard

 
 
*I may or may not have done a very embarrassing happy dance at this point. I couldn't possibly comment.

Subscribe to my newsletter for a monthly free pattern and visit my crafty tutorial archive for lots more free projects.

4 comments:

bairozan said...

The foxgloves are perfect! The effort was certainly worth it - it is a pretty unique decoration for a wreath!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thank you! :)

Kate said...

You are brilliant! Love your foxgloves.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for your kind words, Kate! xx