Monday, 19 September 2016

Free Christmas Embroidery Pattern: Stitch a Snow Globe!

If you've been reading my blog for a while - or if you've visited my archive of free crafty tutorials lately - you might remember the felt snow globe ornament tutorial I shared a few years ago.

When I was working on that I thought "ooh, this would make a lovely embroidery pattern, too!"... and it's only taken three years to get it stitched and shared on my blog! Hurrah! Better late than never, right??

snow globe embroidery

You'll find the free pattern at the bottom of this post. 

 snow globe embroidery

Here's how I stitched my snow globe...

I traced the pattern (excluding the snowflakes) onto a piece of white tissue paper with a fine black pen. I stretched a piece of blue felt in an embroidery hoop and used large tacking stitches to hold the pattern in place in the centre of the felt.

stitching a snow globe using a tissue paper pattern

Following the lines of the pattern, I used half strands of white embroidery thread (floss) and backstitch to embroider the design. Remember to use small stitches when you sew round curves!

When I'd finished stitching, I removed the tacking threads and carefully tore away the tissue paper.

snow globe embroidery in progress

Then I filled in the sky with snowflakes, creating each snowflake from four overlapping stitches.

embroidering snow flakes

Ta-DA! One embroidered snow globe.

finished snow globe embroidery

This embroidery pattern is for non commercial use only: you can use it to stitch as many snow globes as you want for yourself or as gifts, but please don't make any for sale. You may borrow a few photos if you want to blog about this project, but remember to credit me and link back to the original source, and do not reproduce my entire post or share the pattern itself on your site. Thanks!

Click here to view the pattern, then print it at 100%. I've included a scale line so you can see if your pattern has printed out at the "correct" size, but of course you can enlarge or reduce the pattern slightly if you prefer.

free snow globe embroidery pattern

You could also sew a cross stitch snow globe...

cross stitch snowglobe felt ornament

... or make felt snow globe ornaments!

felt snow globe Christmas ornaments

For more Christmas sewing projects, click here to visit my archive of free craft tutorials.

For more crafty goodness, check out my books: Super-Cute Felt and Super-Cute Felt Animals.

http://bugsandfishes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.htmlhttp://bugsandfishes.blogspot.co.uk/p/my-books.html

free snowglobe embroidery pattern

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails