I know it's a bit early to start talking about Christmas, but it's definitely not too early to start sewing for Christmas - especially if you've got lots of things you want to make!
I love sewing Christmas ornaments from felt. They're cute and colourful and easy to sew, and they make great gifts - either on their own or attached to a larger parcel as a colourful, festive gift-topper you can hang on the tree when the gift has been unwrapped.
Here are 16 free ornament ideas from my crafty tutorial archive. Let me know if you sew any of them for this Christmas :)
1. A cute felt penguin ornament.
2. Felt snow globe ornaments.
3. An embroidered mistletoe ornament.
4. Sparkly felt owl ornaments.
5. Simple felt Christmas tree ornaments - these are a great project to make with your kids as they can get creative and decorate the trees however they fancy.
6. Felt angel ornaments, complete with sparkly halos!
7. A different version of the angel ornaments pattern.
8. Little snowman ornaments.
9. Snowflake baubles, inspired by those paper snowflakes you used to make as a kid.
10. Holly decorations made from felt, fabric and felt balls (designed by one of my lovely guest posters!).
11. Vintage-inspired felt baubles.
12. Red and white candy cane ornaments.
13. Classic Christmas pudding ornaments.
14. Simple baubles decorated with sequins and ribbon.
15. Easy felt star and heart ornaments (perfect for beginners!).
16. A whole set of embroidered baubles, decorated with different Christmas motifs.
Follow the links for all the tutorials.
Want more Christmas crafting ideas? You'll find lots more festive projects in my crafty tutorials archive.
You might also be interested in my festive Pinterest boards: Felt Christmas Ornament Tutorials and Christmas Crafting.
For even more crafty goodness, check out my books: Super-Cute Felt and Super-Cute Felt Animals.