Sunday 3 August 2014

August Crafty Cuppas... plus the Festival of Quilts

(Apologies to anyone who got a draft version of this in their inbox earlier - I hit the wrong button! Oops)

Oh my goodness how is it August already?? This summer is just zipping by...

A new month means more Crafty Cuppas, hurrah!

There's a Crafty Cuppa happening in London on the second Sunday and third Thursday of each month this summer. We're meeting at a different free museum or gallery each time, so we can have a cuppa (and a bit of cake!) in their cafe then wander round the exhibits and soak up a bit of inspiration.

If you're a crafty/creative blogger or a designer/maker/Etsy-seller and fancy a couple of hours chatting about making, blogging and business do come along!

Me, having tea

Sound like fun? Check out the details of this month's get-togethers below... and if you want to come along, please let me know so I know to expect you & so I can message you in case of cancellations, etc. You can send me an email, tweet me or message me on Facebook.

Sunday 10th August, 2pm. Tate Modern.


We'll be meeting at 2pm just outside the side entrance into the Turbine Hall (pictured above), then going for a cuppa in the main cafe at about ten past. The nearest Tube stations for the Tate Modern are Southwark, Blackfriars and St Pauls, click here for more travel info.


Thursday 21st August, 2pm. National Gallery.


The last Crafty Cuppa of the summer! We'll be meeting at 2pm just inside the entrance to the Sainsbury Wing (pictured above) then going for a cuppa in the cafe or the Espresso bar at about ten past. The nearest Tube stations for the National Gallery are Charing Cross, Embankment, Piccadilly and Leicester Square, click here for more travel info.


This month I'm also going to be going along to the Festival of Quilts. I'll be there on the Friday and Saturday - if you're going too and fancy meeting up, do give me a shout! :)

2 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I hope you follow Bonnie Hunter's blog. (she is a scrap quilter). There is a group visiting England currently, they just arrived. I think it will be interesting to follow her. Her blog is Quiltsville.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for that recommendation! I'd not heard of her blog and it's lovely, and I'm really enjoying reading her posts about the trip to England :)