Saturday 23 November 2013

Gift Ideas for Bird Lovers, from the RSPB

Regular readers will know I love birds... so, when someone from the RSPB got in touch and asked if I'd mention their shop on my blog I said I'd be happy to!

I've chosen a selection of bird-themed gifts, but do make sure to check out their full range (much of which features British birds and wildlife). 

First up, some lovely mugs and a biscuit tin for cheering up tea-time. The owl mug is part of a range of wildlife-themed homewares which I have been seriously pining after for months (I'm not sure I can justify buying another mug, especially as I'm trying to cut down on my tea-drinking... maybe some cake tins? or a shopping bag?)


 

  

Next, the most adorable purses ever. These kids clasp purses are so fabulous - I am quite tempted to buy one for myself (maybe the bluetit?) and add a longer strap.

 



One of my favourite things the RSPB sells is their range of singing soft toys - gorgeous, cuddly birds that "sing" when you give them a squeeze. I also love the Bird Bingo game (illustrated by Christine Berrie) and the charming woodpecker doorstop

 



Finally, not quite a gift idea but definitely appropriate for Christmas: sweet little bird ornaments. I have a couple of sets of these that I bought from the RSPB shop several years ago, they're always much admired when I put them on the tree.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh! Such lovely birdy things! I especially like the blue tit tree decoration, they are my favourite bird and I was lucky enough to catch a glimpse of one yesterday in my garden!

Jerra xx

Jacqui Wise said...

I love the owl mug and the bird xmas tree decorations. I'll pop along later and have a look at the RSPB shop for some xmas present inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love all things birdy - I think the bird bingo would make a perfect Christmas game for my bird-obsessed family! xx

Unknown said...

I love those RSPB songbirds, there's nothing else like them! My little brother was bought one of those about 10 years ago.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Jerra - bluetits are such sweet, pretty birds, aren't they? They are one of my favourites too :)

I hope you guys will find some nice things for your Christmas gift-giving list xx

Liz - they are the best! So cute and soft, and little kids are always entranced by the different bird calls.