Friday 22 November 2013

Where to Buy 3 Inch Embroidery Hoops in the UK

I used to sell some awesome 3 inch wooden embroidery hoops in my shops...


... they were perfect for making little crafty ornaments, or framing mini embroidery projects like this embroidered heart.


But now I've quit selling craft supplies I no longer sell them.... so where else can you buy them? I get asked this by former customers and also wanted to know myself, for when my remaining stash of mini hoops runs out!

Here are some UK-based online shops I've found that currently sell 3 inch embroidery hoops:

Blooming Felt (one of my current sponsors) sells 3 and 4 inch embroidery hoops

Paper and String sell 3 inch wooden embroidery hoops

The Bellwether (one of my current sponsors) sells 3 inch and 4 inch wooden hoops

Hobbycraft sell 3 inch flexible faux woodgrain hoops (I used to sell these too once upon a time, they are pretty cute!).

And Overspill on Etsy sells 3 inch plastic embroidery hoops, and some even smaller hoops too! 

Big Fish on Etsy (one of my current sponsors) also now stocks 3 inch wooden embroidery hoops.

Bits and Bats (a haberdashery wholesaler) also sell 3 inch wooden hoops.

And for really small hoops, try Dandelyne on Etsy who sells handmade hoops that are a tiny 1.6 and 2.2 inches. 


If you've found any other shops (in the UK or elsewhere) that stock mini embroidery hoops please do leave a link in the comments :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are very cute!

Kirsty New said...

I sell 4", 5". 6" and going to get some smaller too :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so, so much for this post! I've been stuck without my tiny hoops, can't find them anywhere in this country, you are a star! I'm placing an order today, lots of ornaments and wee gifts to catch up on! Chrissie x

Claire Davenport said...

Fantastic - guess what I've just run out of...!

Bugs and Fishes said...

LovePaperFish - do let me know when you get some in stock and I'll update this post to add your link x

Chrissie & Claire - no problem! The mini hoops are awesome but can be so tricky to find, I thought it was well worth blogging about when I found some suppliers :)

Pene said...

Bitandbats.com sell packs of 6 wooden hoops at great prices only problem is theres a minimum £60 spend but they sell loads of different stuff and you could always do an order with some friends..

Unknown said...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/dandelyne?ref=ss_profile

this etsy shop in Australia sells 2.2" hoops & was a great seller to buy from.

If this link doesn't work, her shop name is DANDELYN

Sonia Lyne of Dandelyne said...

I have designed, and make, tiny embroidery hoops. I sell them via my Etsy store ... DANDELYNE. They are not for sewing, but can be made into brooches, necklaces or anything you like really. I hope to have the design ready, next year, so you can sew in them too.
They come in 2 sizes, at this stage, 1.6" and 2.2". They are a little higher in price than your average hoop. The reason is because they are not made in a factory and they include 3 parts ... the hoop, with screw, centre plate and back plate.
They are made here in Australia and hubby and I spend many nights sanding, drilling and constructing each one. They are definitely a labour of love. I do love my little hoops and it seems lots of people, across the world, are enjoying them now too ^_^.
P.S. LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog ... thank you for being a continual source of inspiration to me.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for the suggestions, folks! x

Sonia - I have always loved your tiny hoops, it's great to hear you'll be introducing a version you can sew in :)