Monday 3 September 2012

Making Mini Thank-you Cards

I'm working towards getting prepared for the Christmas season at the moment (it seems to come around quicker, every year!), and I noticed that my stash of mini thank-you cards was running low... so I've been gradually working on a big batch of them while watching TV during the evenings.

Whenever I send out an order from my shop, I include a business card and a little handwritten thank-you note. I always appreciate a handwritten thank-you when I shop on sites like Etsy, it adds to the sense that you're buying from / supporting a person instead of a faceless corporation, and I hope my customers will feel the same :)


I've used all sorts of random bits of card from my stash to make the cards, first cutting the pieces to approximately business card size and then decorating them with an assortment of pretty stickers and tape - including designs by Summersville and Joanna Rutter which I also use for prettifying my parcels.

It's good to know I won't run out of thank-you cards during my busy season, and it's great to have at least one job ticked off my pre-Christmas to do list!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow, totally in awe of your organisational skills! Such a sensible idea though, I may have to get started on these too.Hope you don't mind if I pinch your idea.Rx

http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

They look perfect, I'm making mini Christmas stockings, although hubby has banned me from using the C word!

Giovi's Creations said...

Good idea, I agree with you, a hand writing thank you card give a personal touch... so important ;)

Giovi

http://cykatja.wordpress.com/ said...

Great idea! Thank you for this inspiration :)

Heather said...

Ooo, these are so cute!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Rachael - Please feel free to pinch it! I have to get organised now because soon I'll be too busy to have the time, and running out of important supplies when I'm busy = so stressful.

Blondedesign - Some years I start working on Christmas stuff in June, I don't think I'll ever get used to it.