Sunday 13 May 2012

Thirty Years

I'm turning 30 next month (eek!) so I thought it'd be fun to do a bit of looking back through old photo albums. I picked out one photo from each of the last 30 years to make a mosaic & I thought you guys might like to see the pics :)


1. Pulling chunks of hair from a very long-suffering kitty! 2. Wearing some very snazzy red dungarees. 3. All dressed up ready to go to a wedding. 4. Visiting an awesome local model village. 5. With "princess" make-up at a local fair. 6. Ready for my first day of school (very exciting).


7. On the swings in our garden. 8. First day of junior school. 9. Dressed in rainbow colours for a friend's parrot-themed party. 10. Opening presents on my birthday. 11. Trying horse riding on a family holiday. 12. Another birthday, wearing a very Blossom-style hat.


13. Pulling a serious Judo face. 14. Dressed in 90s double denim & Doc Martens. 15. Explaining an apparently quite complicated handmade birthday card to my sister. 16. Eating an apple (om nom nom). 17. At a picnic with friends in London. 18. On holiday in Devon.


19. Revising for my History A-Level. 20. Making trifle with a friend at University (I remember this being hilarious but I have no idea why). 21. Dinner in my Uni flat. 22. With short hair at Uni.  23. Last year of University (I think this photo was taken at about 5 or 6 in the morning). 24. At my graduation.



25. At a wedding. 26. I don't have many pics from this year, but I eventually found this one (I have no idea why I am pulling a face like a duck!). 27. Wearing a necklace made for my shop. 28. With a DIY haircut. 29. Having tea with a friend. 30. At another wedding, wearing what is apparently my "wedding necklace".

Ah, how time flies!

18 comments:

jen said...

What a brilliant idea - inspiring me to do the same. x ps loving the blossom style hat, I'm a year older so probably have a lot of similair styled pics lol x

Manu said...

That's a lovely idea. Third pic = so cute :)
I'm turning 30 next year, but I still can't figure out how it happened.

Happybee said...

this is a so nice and fun idea!!!!!
I love it!!!

The String Empire said...

I love the pic of you with the parrot and stripy tights. Cute!

Jopsy said...

Love that idea!
Happy Birthday!

Hanie(SHMA) said...

so cute and nice.=)

bairozan said...

Congratulations! Such a fun idea! We used to make collages for our friends' anniversaries but not a picture for each year - should've thought of it before I turned 53 :)

ROROISM said...

fun!
ll the best!

Tatkis said...

Such a great idea! Those photos are so cute :)

Tumus said...

This is awesome ^_^ It's nice to see a bit of the non-crafty side of you here and there and it's also great to see that you still look as young as you did at 20. People will be soooo jealous of that when the big 4-0 hits....but let's not talk about that age just yet.

Happy EARLY birthday from across le pond.

Heather M. said...

Very fun to watch you grow up. That's a good idea for a birthday. I don't know that I have pictures for every year (there's been so many of them!)

i Bibetti said...

i love this idea... very funny... happy birthday from Italy
La FEDe =^.^=

Claire Jain said...

This is so cute! How much fun to watch your crafty self develop into present day awesomeness :-D I hope you have a great birthday next month!

Janey Millar said...

I LOVE this, what a fantastic idea and such great photos. I might have to borrow the concept, although I will need a few more photos than you being an old bag myself!
Happy birthday!

Michelle said...

Oh, lovely idea to make a set like that! Happy Birthday!

nicedaydesigns said...

What a great idea!! This is so fun, I'm tempted to do something similar as I'm turning 30 next month too( in the meantime I have six 30th's and a wedding to go to in the next 6 weeks-expensive!)
Happy early birthday!!

Sarah said...

What a cool idea! I love the DIY haircut & blue top! Happy 30th to you (from another nearly 30y old.. eek!!)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for the lovely comments, you guys! It was a lot of fun putting this mosaic together :)