Sunday 20 May 2012

Pretty Nostalgic

Have you heard about Pretty Nostalgic yet?


It's a lovely new independent magazine, published in the UK, with a love for all things vintage. According to their website....

"Petty Nostalgic is a bi-monthly home and lifestyle magazine that celebrates vintage, traditional and sustainable ways of living. We passionately support independent British producers and love seeking out unique, eclectic homes and meeting people who love life and live by their own rules. The magazine is packed with inspiration to help make your house a home, to fill your kitchen with homegrown and foraged food, to inspire you to reuse and upcycle and to make every day an adventure. It is a handbook for creative, curious and resourceful folk who yearn for a simple, stylish and sustainable lifestyle."

I love the motto on the cover of the first issue: Spend wisely, Waste less, Appreciate more.


I got sent a contributor copy as one of my photos is included in a lovely A-Z of haberdashery:



Those vintage threads belonged to my grandmother :)

It's lovely to see them in such a nice magazine alongside so many pretty photos and illustrations...





Pretty Nostalgic is available to buy online, or from these independent stockists.

8 comments:

Jacqui Wise said...

How lovely that your photo of your grandmother's cotton reels were featured in the magazine. A blogger I follow had her vintage shop featured in the first issue and has also been involved in the photoshoot for the second issue. Very interesting to see some of the hard work that goes on behind the scenes to put the magazine together. Her last post can be found at http://nostalgiaatthestonehouse.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/pretty-natural.html

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Lovely photo! This magazine looks like a real treasure. I will have to see if I can find it in Canada.

homemade@myplace said...

Wow!!!
Thank you for sharing, xxx
Alessandra

Tangled Sweetpea said...

Ooh what a splendidly gorgeous looking magazine!
Victoria xx

Lynn Holland said...

Thanks for the tip off and well done on the feature.
This mag looks right up my street so I've linked across and put my order in.
Thanks again
Lynn

www.doodlybird.co.uk

Ellouise88 said...

That looks really good. Will pop over to the site now!

GrannyTaughtMeToCrochet said...

I've been blog hopping agian, and landed here!

Lovely post about the magazine, I think im going to treat myself!

Also very ecited about a fellow felt lover!

x

Bugs and Fishes said...

Jacqui - thanks for the link! it's always so interesting seeing behind the scenes of these things :)

I hope you guys all enjoy the magazine if/when you try it!