Tuesday 20 September 2011

Stash Happy: Felt

Just over a year ago I blogged about some "secret scraps" that were offcuts from a couple of projects I couldn't show you... well, now I can! Hurrah!

The projects I was working on were for a new craft book soon to be published by Lark Crafts - Stash Happy: Felt: 30 Fun Projects for Felt (and Fabric) Lovers.


See that coffee cosy on the cover? I made that! I'm so thrilled it was chosen as the cover project.


I also designed a headband, which will be available as one of two downloadable "bonus" projects from the book.


The book includes 30 different projects to make with felt (and fabric), including cute animals like plush owls and a sweet whale pincushion, things for the home like coasters and a wreath, plus fun accessories like a hat, a scarf and a clutch purse.


Stash Happy: Felt is due to be published in two weeks time in the USA (October 4th 2011) and about a month later in the UK.

8 comments:

Reuse and diy said...

Great. Wish i could have a look in that book...
Love working with felt....

Anonymous said...

Well done Laura!!! That is so awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The book looks beautiful.

~Heidi

davybidosa said...

Exciting! the idea of using crafting materials sparingly suits me SO much. so i think that one day i'll come to working with felt and then i'll know what to do with the scraps:)

Tumus said...

You are really getting out there ^_^ Love the colors on the cosy.

Tea Lady Designs said...

This new book looks fab. I purchased your own book just a couple of weeks ago and I am really enjoying it. This also looks like one for me! Well done!

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Congratulations!! It looks wonderful :)

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks guys! It's always great working on projects for books (though it kills me to keep them secret for so long!), and it is SO exciting to have my coffee cosy on the cover.

I really hope everyone who buys the book will enjoy making it. I made one for my dad which has been getting lots of use :)