Wednesday 10 August 2011

Terrific Tins

What a strange week this is turning out to be!

It's been very surreal & slightly scary watching the violence and looting happening across the country, especially with so many friends & family members close to the affected areas. It even kicked off here in Gloucester last night. Fingers crossed it all calms down very soon.

Anyway... back in the world of crafting, I've been spending a few days devoted to admin (accounts, filing, emails, organising photos, etc) and having a tidy up of my craft supplies.

I've finally found a use for this awesome tin I bought before Christmas - it's now home to my stash of paper patterns:


It's been making me smile every time I go to fetch a new pattern. Check out the design round the sides:


So nice!

The tin is part of a range designed by Sanna Annukka for Marks & Spencer last Christmas. I ummed and aahed a bit about buying them but now I can't believe I hesitated for a second, they're so lovely.

The other tin I bought from the range is full of embroidery threads...


... and the custard cream tin I bought last autumn (which you can see in the photo below) is full of felty works in progress :)


9 comments:

Édina Cunha said...

Very nice, I loved!

By the way, i love your blog! Thanks for marvelous ideas.

Kisses darling

Gillian said...

Love these tins - invested in the square tin last Christmas - just hope M&S have them in stock again this year!

Anonymous said...

At last someone who shares my love of biscuit and cake tins, they are gorgeous.

Tumus said...

Stay safe over there. I know a fellow in Manchester and he's been on high alert ready to kick some butt in case some decides to go crazy on his flat.

On a happier note I love tins also I'm using an old Christmas one for my patterns now too. I was using an old card box but I like how this tin is sturdy and BIG.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Edina - thankyou! :)

Gillian - I really hope she does another design for M&S this Christmas, her work is so beautiful

C. Camp - you can never have too many nice biscuit tins :D

Tumus - luckily things seem to have calmed down a lot now! thanks x

Emerald Hills said...

I have a VERY large collection of old tins (its for my country/old time theme kitchen... well when I had my own place) I use them for everything. I just love them.

Made in Suisse said...

This post made me laugh. I have the same Swiss biscuit tin from M&S (which was bought way before we knew we were moving to Switzerland!) and I use it to store my sewing needles, fabric scissors, tape measurer etc...
I hope M&S will have some more this year...I LOVE TINS!

Ester Durães said...

Hi!
I've shared this on my blog, hope you don't mind: http://drawingdreaming.blogspot.com/2011/08/love-me-some-inspiration_15.html
Thank you!

Bugs and Fishes said...

Emerald Hills - ah, I am jealous! you can never have too many nice tins :)

Made in Suisse - does this make us craft storage twins? ;)

Ester - thanks for the mention on your blog & for letting me know x