Friday 15 April 2011

A Place for Everything

I don't know about you, but I always have a gazillion works in progress lying about the place.

I've been using upturned box lids and pretty vintage trays to store my WIPs for years, but I've never had a proper place to keep them so I just end up with trays of felt sitting on tabletops, etc. which isn't really ideal, especially in a small flat!

I'm still using the trays as portable workspaces (especially when sewing on the sofa in the evenings) but I'm now using a collection of large cardboard boxes to keep my WIPs in. They used to have A3 paper in them, so they're pretty large - perfect for storing lots of projects!


They're exactly the right size to fit neatly on top of my large crafty storage boxes...


... and the third one sits comfortably on the very narrow shelf in this bookcase.

It's great being able to tidy them all away neatly at the end of the day. Just a small change but I hope it will make a big difference in helping me control my crafty chaos :)

0 comments: