Sunday 3 January 2010

Crafty Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone :)

2010 is off to a good start so far with lots of good telly (Agatha Christie and Doctor Who) good food, kind words and perhaps most importantly lovely lazy afternoons curled up on the sofa tinkering with new felt things.

As you may guess from my colour palette I'm already dreaming of spring...
Much as I'd like to wish away the cold (brr!) I do love this time of year. With the wonderful exhausting madness that is the "Christmas shopping season" out of the way (so many parcels to pack! and so many shipping deadlines to meet!) I've got a chance to catch my breath, put my feet up and think big thoughts about my schemes for the year to come.

I've got a big to do list for 2010, lots of things I want to try and lots of ideas in my sketchbooks, but I've decided that my main crafty resolution for this year is to maintain a balance between my crafty life and my crafty business. I want to develop my little business without becoming a one woman sweatshop, and to make sure I keep on making things just for fun and to feed my soul as well as my bank account.

Have you made any crafty resolutions this year? Are there any crafts you're determined to try or projects you've sworn to finish?

9 comments:

Cat McLaughlin said...

I totally hear what you're saying about a balance...I still want to enjoy creating without feeling it has become an obligation because of my little business!

Happy New Year btw :)

Anonymous said...

I am DETERMINED to make 2010 the year I finally get round to hand sewing a fabric advent calendar. I've been planning it for years and never quite gotten round to it!

Alice Elizabeth Still said...

I'm embarking on a blogging/crafting project that will probably take up more than just a year. I'm going to be blogging about and working through an early '80s partwork that my mum collected.

I'm rather excited about it as it should get me to try some new things!

http://www.theoddsock.com/2010/01/03/busy-needles-project-0-an-overview/

Anonymous said...

If I finish half of the projects I begin in 2010, I'll be a happy crafter!

Tumus said...

i keep meaning to finish my sewing machine cover which I WILL do this year :lol: read more and take up cross stitching again.

I should post up my cross stitch pattern I'm taking up making for my cousin's wedding in April. It's gorgeous and has a very vintage feel :)

memegalarce said...

I hope you can found this balance...it's so necessary.
I wish to make work my etsy shop :S I'm with all my energy in that...A lot of hugs!

Nicole Underwood Gonzalez said...

I am so looking forward to seeing what you create in 2010!! Happy New Year!

Ruby Reloved said...

Love those colours! I'm hoping to continue to learn about selling my wares online and make more time to catch up with old friends over a cup of tea. Happy New Year!

Dena Moon said...

I'm loving looking at all your fun craft photos! I just found your blog. I suddenly have an urge to make a pompom myself after seeing yours!