Monday 23 February 2015

Glorious Goldfinches

I love goldfinches. They are such pretty birds... and I have stitched a lot of them over the years!


I've only occasionally seen them "in real life" though, as they're an infrequent visitor to our garden.

So I was quite delighted last week when our birdfeeder was host to not one...


... not two...


... but THREE lovely goldfinches!

 

They've come back several times since then, it is such a joy to see them. I couldn't resist taking a little video of a pair of them enjoying the seeds. Birds are so awesome :)



(Can't see the video? Click here to view it on Google Plus.)

I am feeling quite inspired to work on some bird-themed patterns now!

4 comments:

Susan @ Hoogally said...

So lovely to see smaller garden birds as our garden's inundated with blackbirds.

I've just finished a bird themed project but I'm now inspired to go out and get a new bird feeder to bring a few more of the real thing into my garden!

Manu said...

Adorable!!!

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Bird watching is so relaxing. We have lots of different feeders in our garden. Your goldfinches are so different in colour to ours.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Susan - You should definitely get a bird feeder, they attract so many lovely little birds! We had to attach a squirrel baffle to ours though to stop the squirrels eating everything :)

Linda - *Googles* Ooh wow the American goldfinches are such a bright yellow! How pretty.