Monday 27 October 2014

More New Embroidery Stitches

My "learn some fun new embroidery stitches" project continues...


I spent a wonderfully relaxing evening last week working my way through some more of the stitches from The Needlecraft Stitch Directory. I'd really recommend this book if you're interested in learning some new stitches, I've found the step by step diagrams and instructions very clear and easy to follow.

I was quite excited to try some stitches that involved two different shades of thread:


Some of these were definitely more successful than others... but look how fancy they are! 


There are still lots more embroidery stitches in the book for me to try, but I think I'm going to have to set aside an afternoon or two to work on them as they're starting to get a bit too complicated for my slightly-sleepy-at-the-end-of-the-workday brain to cope with :)

1 comments:

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks Julie! It is a fab book, I'm finding the stitch diagrams really easy to follow.