Wednesday 29 August 2012

Show and Tell: The Owl Edition

This is a very special edition of my "show and tell" series. Instead of crafty things made by my customers, today I'm sharing things made by my blog readers. Well, one specific thing actually... felt owls made using this tutorial.

I've been collecting these photos for a while (for at least a year!) and have finally got around to putting them all together to share with you guys. It's been so lovely seeing so many owls popping up around the internet since I published the tutorial - it's wonderful that so many people have liked my owl enough to sew one for themselves!

Sandra from Homely Pursuits made her owl as part of a pledge to do a "monthly make" throughout 2012:


Michela of FantaFeltro made a trio of mini owls:


Alexis at Wagon Full of Stars made a felt owl...


... and a fun felt owl activity board for her son who shouted "Owl! Owl! Hoo hoo!" upon seeing my tutorial :)


Georgina stitched a couple of purple owls:



Kristin from Domestically Unemployed used my owl pattern to make her very first felt stuffie: 


Karen from Sunburnt Quilts made a whole parliament of owls...


... including a cute Christmas-themed owl!


Jessica got in touch via Etsy to share some of her first felt creations - including an owl and some flower hairclips made using patterns from my book, Super-Cute Felt.


Daniela from Assim ou assado adapted my owl pattern to make a case for her phone:


Laura of Betula'Loo wrote a guest post here last autumn about the fun crafternoon she had making felt owls with her friends:


Rozantia used a recycled woolen jacket & sweater, plus some felt to make this tweedy owl:


And (last but by no means least) Chris from 365 days of DIY used my owl pattern as inspiration for adding some awesome felt owl elbow patches (or "owlbow" patches) to one of her cardigans:




Thanks to everyone who shared photos of their owls! If you'd ever like to share pics of what you've been making from my tutorials, please do get in touch. You can leave a comment & a link here on my blog, or get in touch via my website contact form


Want to make your own owls, or to give as gifts? You can find the free felt owl pattern HERE.

11 comments:

Swirlyarts said...

Those elbow patches are genius! I wonder if I have a cardigan that needs altering??

Alex - The Interior DIYer said...

Those owl elbow patches are amazing. Giving me so many ideas for jazzing up boring cardigans!

bairozan said...

The phone case and the patches are so ingenious! It was fascinating to see so many different guys from the same pattern. Thanks for this post and for showing my owl, too :) Rozantia, aka bairozan

Karen said...

It is great to see the many different variations of your wonderful owl. Amazing to see how it can be adapted in so many ways. Thank you for your fantastic pattern!

ELAU Rękodzieło said...

Laura
A beautiful blog, wonderful work. I'll check back here.
Greetings from Polish, from Wroclaw


ela a.

Kristin said...

Oooh thanks for sharing mine! I am amazed at how many cute ones there are!

sablazzer said...

WOOHOO, thanks for putting me in your blog! I feel so special and it's like I'm famous (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

Chris said...

Wow, so many awesome felt owls! I love Daniela's phone case owl, such a cute adaptation. Especially with the little hair bow. :)

Thanks for including my owlbow patches in this show and tell, chris

Bugs and Fishes said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone! And thanks again for letting me share your owls with my readers xx

Sandra said...

Oh I do feel honoured to have my little owl featured on your blog! Thank you for such a great tutorial to follow. I love everyone else's cute owls too - the phone case and owlbow patches are genius!

Bugs and Fishes said...

You're very welcome, Sandra! x