Wednesday 15 October 2008

Ornament Experiments

I mentioned "a fun new crafty project" yesterday and if anyone was paying attention they may have wondered what it was.... Well, I'll let you in on the secret: in a couple of weeks I'll be posting a set of simple Christmas ornament tutorials. Christmas craftiness for one and all! Hurrah!
Last night I made a start on sewing some prototype designs to use as examples and had lots of fun sketching and trying out a few ideas. Apart from accidentally giving the snowman, gingerbread man and dove navy blue eyes ('cause I'd muddled up my blue and black sequins! oops) I think they turned out quite well. I'll post them in a series starting as soon as I've got all my instructions sorted out...

11 comments:

Unknown said...

These are lovely! I especially like the snowflake and sweet little gingerbread man :)

Tammi said...

Can't wait for the yummy tutorial!! beautiful work by the way.

Becca said...

How cute! Can't wait for the tutorials! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, those ornaments look wonderful, can't wait for the tutorial!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lupin
You have got a mention on this blog
http://www.sfgirlbybay.blogspot.com/
Thought you might like to know.

Kate
www.duckdowndesigns.blogspot.com

Bugs and Fishes said...

Yay, thanks everyone! I'll try to get the first tutorial up soon :)

Kate - thanks for letting me know about that blog feature!

Swirlyarts said...

The gingerbread man is gorgeous!!

Knit Sew City Girl said...

I look forward to the tutorial. These look so cute.

Mary

Anonymous said...

these are so cute!!!

irinaindira said...

Beautiful!Great work!


Greatings,

irinaindira

Juni said...

These are great! You could make them into Christmas pins as well and they'd be really effective.