Saturday 22 October 2022

A Liz Truss Embroidery Pattern + A Pack of Tory "Grow The Pie" Seeds

Commemorate the resignation of Britain's shortest-serving Prime Minister with this pair of Liz Truss embroidery patterns (or colouring pages, if you'd rather get your pens out than a needle and thread!) - now available in my shop and over on my Patreon. 


A few weeks ago I spent the evening sketching just for the sake of it, and because Liz Truss had been in the news so much I set myself the challenge of drawing her. I've not attempted many portraits before, so I thought this would be quite fun and I was rather pleased with the result.


Obviously my crafter's brain immediately yelled "YOU SHOULD TURN THIS INTO AN EMBROIDERY PATTERN!!!" and once I'd thought that thought I simply couldn't resist.

Then when I was working on the Liz Truss pattern I was thinking about possible wording for the banner. Maybe "Pork Markets!!", or "Grow the Pie!"...? And naturally this ended up with me sketching a pack of Tory Pie Seeds, which also simply had to get turned into a pattern.


I can't really explain why any of this happened (my boyfriend thinks this whole project is absolutely bananas, and he's probably right) but I'm trying to nurture sparks of inspiration and go with the flow at the moment, making more time to make things things "Just Because". 

I enjoyed stitching these, and I'm delighted with how they turned out. They make me laugh and I hope you'll enjoy them, too. 

Click here to find the Liz Truss embroidery patterns on my Patreon! 

Becoming a Patron gets you access to a growing archive of crafty patterns, and email updates whenever I add something new. I'm so grateful for everyone who signs up to support my creative projects

P.S. I think Liz has been a disaster but you disagree we can still be friends and I have no plans to pivot to angry political content xxx

0 comments: