Wednesday 10 January 2018

Embroidered Snowflakes Wreath Tutorial

UPDATE: my sparkly snowflakes wreath tutorial is now available as a printable PDF pattern on my Patreon.

Subscribe to get instant access to a growing library of PDF embroidery patterns and craft tutorials, and updates when I add something new!

Click here to see all 12 seasonal wreaths in this series!

-----

Time for the final tutorial in my Year of Wreaths series: a sparkly snowflake wreath!

Yarn Wrapped Wreath with Embroidered Snowflakes

This one's a bit late (sorry!) but snowflakes are definitely for the whole of winter and not just Christmas, right?? I hope you'll agree it was worth the wait because I love how this final project turned out.

The wreath is decorated with navy blue yarn, metallic silver thread, sparkly beads and sequins, and five embroidered snowflakes.

Embroidered Felt Snowflakes

You could also use the snowflake embroidery patterns to make felt snowflake brooches or ornaments, or to add some snowy charm to other sewing projects.

Sparkly Winter Snowflake Wreath


Subscribe to my newsletter for a monthly(ish) free pattern and visit my crafty tutorial archive for lots more free projects.

4 comments:

Nima said...

wow..thats a lovely wreath

tychna said...

beautiful!

Katrin said...

You're absolutely right, it's not to late for snowflakes. Yesterday I packed up the christmas deco, threw out the tree and then...I redecorated the house with plenty of snowmen, snowflakes and little birds and owls. Even though it doesn't snow - it's winter! Thank you for this lovely idea.

Bugs and Fishes said...

Nima & Tychna - thank you both! I've been thrilled with the response to this final wreath, I'm delighted people seem to love it as much as I do :)

Katrin - oh, I love the idea of redecorating for January! This time of year can be so gloomy, it definitely needs a bit of cheering up.