Sunday 1 November 2009

Doom and Gloom

Yesterday was no fun at all.

Halfway through trying to print off some orders our computer died. Blue screen of death, very bad. We've got a computer-savvy friend coming round to take a look at it this afternoon but he isn't hopeful.

At the start of my little holiday-from-posting-things I spent a couple of days tidying up my computer files, filing photos etc. But did I remember to do a back up? Did I heck.

I last fully backed up several months ago, so I've lost several months of work files, typed-up accounts, product shots, and any other assorted photos I've not posted to Flickr or my blog... plus all my bookmarks and all sorts of other miscellaneous bits and pieces that I'll be kicking myself over for months to come.

I feel like the stupidest person alive! But I'm very glad we bought a backup drive this year. If the computer had died this time last year I would have lost everything. *Shudders at the thought*

9 comments:

jill said...

gosh - i feel for you!
hope you manage to pull something off it...
fingers crossed

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Oh no! Crossing my fingers, too.

Tumus said...

Oh Lu! That's so horrible :( Just to give you a wee bit of hope, sometimes data can still be recovered even with the "blue screen of death". I'm not sure how much your data is worth to you (i'm sure it's worth a TON) but there are computer businesses who specialize in such recovery issues even for home PC's. Might be worth taking a look into especially since it sounds like you had alot of recent work ready for the Holidays that would be very hard to duplicate much less find the time to redo it all.

Best of luck, keep calm.

Melanie said...

Im so sorry, hope your techie friend can help.

Laura said...

Oh no! That's horrible! My computer recently crashed - couldn't even get to the Windows start screen - and it was somehow salvaged (not by me!) with all data returned. Hope the same happens for your computer!

jennyflowerblue said...

That's poo, sorry.xx

Unknown said...

Poor baby. I just hate computers sometimes. They can sure reek havick in your life sometimes.

Cheers...Tracy

Amanda said...

I dread the day when I will see the blue screen of doom! Hopefully it will be right after I have just backed everything up! ;)

Tiffany said...

Yikes! blue screen of death :S I hope that your friend can find a way to cure it