It's a variation on the advent garland I made a couple of years ago...
... but instead of having an envelope for each day leading up until Christmas, there's an envelope for the first 14 days of February, each one with a little love note or other special something tucked inside.
To make the garland, you will need:
- 14 mini envelopes
- washi tape (Japanese masking tape) & pretty doilies, or patterned paper, cute stickers, etc, basically anything you fancy using to decorate the envelopes
- red felt and the heart template from this tutorial
- glue and double-sided tape for securing all your decorative details in place
- scissors and a pen (I used one with red ink)
- mini pegs and a length of twine, ribbon or cord for displaying the envelopes as a garland
1) Cut out 14 hearts from red felt
2) Decorate the front of each envelope with washi tape, doilies or other pretty things.
I cut strips of tape that were slightly longer than the envelope, then turned the envelope over and trimmed the excess tape with scissors.
To stick the doilies, I placed the doily face down on a piece of scrap paper and carefully dabbed it with a glue stick, covering only the area I'd need with glue. I then carefully peeled the doily from the paper, lightly positioned it on the envelope and pressed down to secure it in place.
3) Then use double-sided tape to stick a felt heart in the centre of each envelope, and write the dates Feb 1st to Feb 14th (or just the numbers 1 - 14) on the envelopes.
5) Finally, use the mini pegs and twine / cord to display the garland.
Like doilies? Why not decorate your gifts with doilies, or use a whole pack to make a pretty doily curtain to add to your spring decor?
For more crafty goodness, check out my books: Super-Cute Felt and Super-Cute Felt Animals.